-->

Excerpt from the brown diary

Page 122,

Subject: About me in 10 minutes
17 June,

Well, I guess I should start with the usual cliché of how I'm so brilliant It'd be impossible to enter a small summary, but I can summon my life up in a few sentences if needed.

Those sentences would be;
I'm a synesthete and very energetic. I'm unique, outgoing, friendly, easy, and fun. I never think twice when it comes to helping another person. I m a tad-bit stoic. I have many interests, but enjoying life is at the top of the list. I think most people read me as being quiet, unassuming, and generally easy-going, which is certainly true, but I'm definitely more outgoing around close friends. I sometimes worry that people take me too seriously, because I have a tendency to become playfully contentious over silly topics just for fun (think Seinfeld). Sarcasm is fun, but I'm way too much of a softy to ever say anything mean.
Well, not so much a sentence as a mindless word, but I guess that best sums up how everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) in the world I'd react to. I'm seriously de-sensitized but I'm sensitive. Yes, I'm an oxymoron, WITH the oxy. In fact, 4 times the bloody oxy...
With rare exception, I would say that I'm above average in maturity for my age--or at least good at pretending to be. I'm also quite introspective and self-aware, but that doesn't seem to help me much in describing myself to others.
Anyways....I'm not a fan of high fashion... on me. I'm a jeans-and-a-t-shirt kind of guy. I am low-maintenance.

I'm good at-
Laughing, Dancing, Finding humor in everyday life, Memorizing lines, Amusing myself, Sleeping, Breathing, Blinking, Listening to people, Acting, Keeping a level head, Seeing the glass as half full

I enjoy being sarcastic and teasing my friends, as they do me. I like being around people and being loud and obnoxious. I tend to feed off other people's energy and mirror their personalities. Not that i don't have a personality of my own, that's just the way I am. I like going out, but I'd generally prefer staying at home with my close friends than spending a fortune at a restaurant or plex. I'm messy and clean at the same time. I'm usually late but hate tardy people. dumb-heads freak me out... until i get to know them. I don't find scrawny people as attractive as 'fuller' people. I love making new friends and new social situations excite me. I enjoy getting to know strangers and exchanging life stories.Seriously, I can make friends with just about anyone as long as that person is willing to let me. This usually leaves me with the sensation that I have a lot of mediocre relationships. Though I like this virtue of mine, I'm going try and focus my energy into fewer people.

I'm also excellent at procrastination. Things tend to work out well enough that I have no need to change this... but I have no idea what to do to change it. I work well under pressure even though I rather not to.

I'm also really good at staying optimistic... almost to the point that it's annoying. I can usually find the good in anything and anyone. Pessimists exhaust me.

I spend a lot of time thinking about:Your mom. Ha, another funny.

Actually, the future. I feel like I am where I need to be, doing exactly what i need to be doing... But this won't be forever. I think about what the future will bring... I think/worry about the effects of: global warming, our insatiable hunger for oil and wonder when alternative fuels are going to change our lives. I think about the effects of my poor eating habits and lack of activity.
Questions on my mind: Are the Mayans right in their prediction of the end of the world in 2012? Am I in the correct job? How much more dependent on technology will we become? And many more
It's kind of exhausting, so I tend to keep these thoughts to myself... unless someone else brings them up. And even then I don't elaborate much.

Oh, btw, not finished with this and probably never will...not certainly within 10 minutes..


P.S: This above piece of excerpt is about the protagonist from a fiction, a fiction which I call a "Brown Diary". This is a live fiction and I would try to keep the story going on as much as possible....
P.P.S: This is a work of fiction, any resemblance to people, places or incidence is purely coincidental.

12 comments:

Subhayan Mukerjee said...

good to know so much more about you ... keep blogging mate!

Anjan said...

ummmm!!! Wrahool... this is apparently not about me... i am bit more different, atleast in some aspects... this is, as i said, an excerpt from the Brown Diary of the Protagonist from a small piece of fiction by me... i'll add another P.S. to explain this!!

Sugandha Gupta said...

aaaaaa.... this is abt you or sme fictional character???

Anjan said...

@Suga: it aint bout me.... for sure!

pawan said...

Well,
Its fun reading!
Anjan, I'm missing your posts because I haven't blog rolled you! Hence you are blog rolled from now on!

pawan said...

Mate,
I have started writing fiction!
DO check my latest post and leave ur opinion!

Anjan said...

@pawan: Hey Pawan...thanks for blog rolling me... and good to know that u have started on fiction....will surely have a look!! :)

Unknown said...

Good write-ups...
picturebite.com

cfp123 said...

Loved the blog…
chennaiflowerplaza.com

Unknown said...

wow….
keralaflowerplaza.com

reema said...

Thank you for share.Nice post.
Wedding photographer in jaipur

reema said...

Thank you so much for share.Very nice post.
Wedding photographer in jaipur

Post a Comment