-->

Save the day

The sound were deafening..real deafening! The stage all set, the crowd all gathered, the flags all stood up, he was shouting his heart out. The shout included what he would have done to improve water supply in the area, good roads, a healthy infrastructure so on and so forth, and what his counterpart couldn't do while he was in charge or in power.

Not that I intended to listen all of his grins, his complaints, the hardships the people are going through but some how I had to, or may be I should just say that the sound reached my ears. I was flying down the road on my 150 cc and had already faced a road block, as a result of which I had to take a diversion that connected to the other end of the blockade to the main road. To illustrate, the road block was due to the public meeting held by the opposition party. I was approaching another road block, was far from it, flying down the road on my 150 cc as usual, I had a view of it, and i felt all the blood rush to my head, the reason for which was that.. I had to take another diversion yet again, to be on track, on time to my destination. This time the road block was big with people sitting on chairs all around the stage and some standing, listening to their mighty leader dissipating the facts as if all are unaware of them. Just as I was about to take the diversion, with the stage strategically set just besides it, I was distracted by a rickshaw. I watched my 150 cc approaching the viewers who stood and sat in front of the stage IN A DISTURBING AND FRIGHTENING manner, as I lay on the ground. Instant thoughts curled up my mind, thoughts of an imperative public beating or may be an insult. The bike came to a halt as people standing, managed to make some effortless move, on time, obviously, people ran instantly towards me and the show was already distracted. For one moment I felt like I was the leader giving them the knowledge speech as they saw me in amusement. Fearing, the show might go out of his hands, the leader instantly marked his move, snapped the microphone and here I became a topic of discussion. He went on and on and on, on how bad the road conditions were, and how such unfortunate instances can be avoided. I was no more the center of attraction, I was happy. With no major injuries, I picked up my 150 cc and continued my journey.

"But Why?" Why such shrewd arrangements, why not a park, an indoor stadium, a community hall?? Why the main road has to be he victim of public addressing programs. May be the fault was mine, may be I rode faster than what I was supposed to. But it would not have happened if it were any other day, with no public meetings, and no hassles on that road. I am thankful that the shouting leader distracted the people, snatching away their center of attraction..but I still have a feeling that these arrangements can better done somewhere else than a main road!! You are here to serve the people in a much better way, why not give a good start. I thought of commenting on it in a much political manner, but that would just waste some of my precious time, and energy.



3 comments:

Shao said...

Lolzzzzz ... that was absolutely embarassing .. but neways ppl in Kolkata have this wierd thing of blocking roads .. no authority cares about it .. what happens in the end is that 10 ppl are pissed of at these leaders ...

Manmeet said...

haha! nice one ironically i also had a fall today onmy 150 cc was embarassing a lot ! was watching here and there and suddenly an auto came in front skid and dishoom 2 minutes then usual stuuf got up saw bike made faces as if i didnt get hurt and went home with a bruised leg.

Anjan said...

and strangely when these people are talking about the hardships that people are facing, they forget about the troubles that people are going thru just because of that very meeting right on top of a main road!!

Post a Comment